- About Us
"In the modern education system, you pay attention to the proper development of the brain. But you do not pay adequate attention to the development of the warm heart. So some sort of combination, the development of the good heart, the warm heart, and the development of the good brain, these must go together."
His Holiness, the Dalai Lama
Talk given at Florida International University (April 16, 1999) (Click to watch)
Elevating the experience of twenty-first century spirituality.
Leading the cultivation of new consciousness through diverse, heart-centered, and spiritually responsible educational programs and dialogues, inspiring the global community to create a just, peaceful, and prosperous world.
To accomplish this mission, the Program in the Study of Spirituality (PSS) will:
- Encourage the sharing of ideas and knowledge about the practices of spirituality and their relationship to planetary and individual well-being.
- Promote community participation in multi-faith, multi-spiritual dialogue.
- Stimulate research in the burgeoning global phenomenon of spirituality.
- Explore the impact of spirituality across academic disciplines and professions.
- Offer formal curricula in the study of spirituality at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Provide a platform for invited practitioners and scholars of spirituality on campus and in the community.