Vision and Mission
Elevating the experience of twenty-first century spirituality
Leading the cultivation of new consciousness through diverse, heart-centered, and spiritually responsible educational programs and dialogues, inspiring the global community to create a just, peaceful, and prosperous world.
To accomplish this mission, the Program in the Study of Spirituality (PSS) will:
• Encourage the sharing of ideas and knowledge about the practices of spirituality and their relationship to planetary and individual well-being.
• Promote community participation in multi-faith, multi-spiritual dialogue.
• Stimulate research in the burgeoning global phenomenon of spirituality.
• Explore the impact of spirituality across academic disciplines and professions.
• Offer formal curricula in the study of spirituality at undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Provide a platform for invited practitioners and scholars of spirituality on campus and in the community.